Dr. Melanie Baum is a Board Certified Orthodontist who was born and raised in Los Angeles. She attended the University of California, Berkeley where she received her Bachelor of Arts in Public Health. She then received her dental training at the prestigious Ivy League University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine and completed her three-year specialty Certificate in Orthodontics at Montefiore Medical Center in New York. Following graduation, she obtained her Board Certification, a recognition achieved by only the top percentile of orthodontists.
After practicing in New York for several years, Dr. Melanie is now excited to bring her skills to Los Angeles to help brighten the smiles of her hometown. She feels lucky to be a part of such a rewarding field and is committed to treating all of her patients like family. She is a lifelong artist and combines her aesthetic eye with the most current orthodontic technologies to provide exceptional results.
When not straightening teeth, she loves spending time with her husband Mike, cooking, biking, and playing with her new niece, Sunny. You may also spot her at local dog shows, helping her family show off their champion French Bulldogs.
She is honored to be joining the Baum Orthodontics family and looks forward to meeting you!
Education and Accolades
- Milken Community High School Alumni
- University of California, Berkeley- Bachelor of Arts in Public Health
- University of Pennsylvania- Doctorate of Dental Medicine
- Montefiore Medical Center- Advanced Certification in Orthodontics
- Mount Sinai Hospital- General Practice Residency
- Active member of American Association of Orthodontics, American Dental Association, Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontics, California Dental Association, West LA Dental Society, Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity